[drats_users] I need help

Joe Ivey
Thu Oct 22 15:52:29 PDT 2009

No, I don't get any messages of any kind. I'll try the Radio Shack plug by
unscrewing the housing.
I am still learning about the radio. If I had it here at home I would have
more time to troubleshoot.
I really want to get it going so I can show our EMA staff just how useful
that it can be.

Joe Ivey, W4JSI

-----Original Message-----
From: drats_users-bounces at lists.danplanet.com
[mailto:drats_users-bounces at lists.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of Dan Smith
Sent: Thursday, October 22, 2009 5:28 PM
To: Discussion of D-RATS
Subject: Re: [drats_users] I need help

> Yes, I am on a DV channel. I have even tried every comport setting and
even
> tried 3 different USB ports.

And when you start up D-RATS you don't see a "Failed to open serial
port" message or anything like that right?

> I am sure when I find it, it will be something simple.

I wouldn't worry, lots of people (especially those with hand-built
cables) have what seems like a lot of trouble and it always turns out to
be either a setting in the radio or the simple fact that their cable
isn't actually plugged in far enough.

I have found in the past that simply removing the plastic housing from
the connector (unscrewing it, assuming you have a radio shack connector
or the like) and pushing the post directly in is a good way to test.