[drats_users] I need help

Adrian
Thu Oct 22 12:26:57 PDT 2009

> I need some help in getting D-Rats up and running on our EMA Icom IC-2820.
>
> Here is the setup:
>
> Computer: Toshiba Laptop @ 2.0 Gig and 2 gig memory. No comports, using a
> USB to serial adapter. (This Shows to be ok)
>
> OS Windows Vista Home Premium.
>
> Interface cable: 3 conductor cable to digital port on radio. Pin 5 to
> barrel, pin 2 to center, pin 3 to tip. (Stereo connector)
>
> Com port: 6, 9600, 8 N 1
>

> I can't get D-Rats to key the radio.
>
> I also tried to connect to the D-Rats reflector using the information that
> Dan put out yesterday. I do not have internet at the present.
>
> Anyone got any advice?

One thing to look out for with the 2820; esp if you make your own data
cable, is that the mould head on the data plug does not prevent(with the
deep  data jack entry recess area) the the plug being fully inserted to
make proper contact with the jack connections. I got caught with this
and no tx etc. Trimming the mould back on the plug head solved the
problem for me.

vk4tux