[drats_users] Email Proposal

Debbie Fligor
Mon Oct 19 08:23:48 PDT 2009

I'll drop my opinion in too-- I think this is a great idea.  I'm
planning something close to this (without the local pop server) to
bridge our local county ARES D-RATS implementation with the brand new
state-wide winlink initiative.  having multiple options will
definitely increase the reliability.

On Oct 18, 2009, at 12:11, Dan Smith wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've been pondering a general sort of email server for D-RATS users
> lately.  I've always resisted making D-RATS dependent on the Internet
> for any of its functions because I don't think it's a reasonable
> assumption that the Internet will be up at any given point.  However,
> things like WinLink are rather dependent on it and are still useful
> in a
> variety of cases, so perhaps it's something we should explore.

-----
-debbie
(misc at fligor dot net)