[drats_users] Email Proposal

Dan Smith
Mon Oct 19 13:40:00 PDT 2009

> At the end of the day, those are all worthy goals... all depends on how
> much you feel like supporting e-mail.  Most sysadmins scream and run
> away when presented with "new e-mail challenges" if they've managed to
> extricate themselves from the quagmire of spam fighting software, ACL's,
> etc... necessary just to keep users THINKING they have "clean" e-mail
> services... LOL!

Yep, you're right.  I enjoy the mail stuff particularly more than many
other things, but I shouldn't get myself involved, I suppose.  I think
you've convinced me to shelve it for now.  Not really on the basis of
the spam thing, but more on the basis of making up "yet another
disparate way to gateway email".

> LOL... that's just public pricing.  It's pretty cheap in the back-end,
> actually.  Them telco guys gotta make their profits!  LOL!

Of course I know that.  However, they're able to charge those obscene
rates because of the universality of the transport.  People are willing
to pay it because it's so damn convenient :)