[drats_users] drats_users Digest, Vol 14, Issue 8

Dan Smith
Thu Oct 8 13:13:57 PDT 2009

> With regards to the question how would I know that the repeater
> wasn't handling voice traffic? Couldn't an implementation also
> display in DRATS an indicator that the repeater was in use.

D-RATS can't tell when there is voice traffic on the line, directly.
There are a couple of ways this could be done:

 1. Robin implements a socket interface for me with some out-of-band
    indication about voice traffic
 2. D-RATS effectively remains linked to the gateway and just discards
    the voice traffic
 3. We don't encourage users to operate a voice/data mode without being
    able to hear the voice in the first place

I vote for #3 :)

> I think connecting the Ratflector directly to the gateway would be a
> great add.

Email Robin and tell him.  He's the only one who can open up such a port
in dplus for us.