[drats_users] Drats and Dstar gateways

Ron Wenig
Thu Oct 8 08:19:38 PDT 2009

Hi Leon,

One way is to use a radio and a cable from your radio to your compter
either serial or USB. This cable would depend on what model radio that
you have.  You can order one pre-made or make it yourself.  You would
set up your radio the same as the setup you use for voice contacts.  The
UR Call would be whatever repeater you are connecting to or the id of
the reflector you wish to connect to, the rpt1 would be what port you
are using locally and rpt2 is the gateway that you are using.  REF015 C
is a good reflector to use for chatting with other D-Rats users.  To set
this up click preferences/radio add another connection.  Name - Radio,
Type - Serial, Serial Port - what ever com port you are using on your
pc, Baud Rate - whatever baud rate your radio supports.  On the radio
turn off the GPS and make the PTT Auto.

You can also use the Ratflector.  In preferences/radio add another
connection.  Name - Ratflector, Type - Network, Host Address -
ref.d-rats.com, then click add then save.  There's usually a bunch of
Hams on there you can chat with.

At night between 8PM and 10PM est there are a bunch of people on D-Rats
on the K3PDR repeater port B.  Feel free to connect and join us.

73, Ron ny3j