[drats_users] D-RATS 0.3.2b6

Dan Smith
Fri Nov 13 12:10:04 PST 2009

> - The two radios are right next to each other, so will separate them and
> then give a test.

Okay, cool.

> - Just installed ASPELL as you requested with 2b6 and everything seems
> to work well. I agree with the other guy that the speed does not seem to
> be reduced using the spell checker (with XP).

Excellent, that's really good to hear.  I access my Windows virtual
machine over remote desktop and it seems to make a difference (although
it's not huge) but it's entirely possible that it's just an artifact of
being remote.

> - Was surprised to see a DOS window for "C:\Program
> Files\Aspell\bin\aspell.exe" come up and stay up. I guess this is
> normal, right? It appears the only options are "window" or "full
> screen". I made it smaller...but, no way to get rid of it, right? Thanks.

Oh, no that's not right at all.  I forgot to pass the "don't show the
window" flag.  I'll fix that, thanks for the tip.

Maybe you guys are starting to really realize how little I use
Windows... I know it's not very fair to the 95% of users that use D-RATS
on Windows, but that's just how it is.

Thanks for the report, I'll get that window fixed up.