[drats_users] [D-RATS] #148: D-Rats_Repeater.exe process continues after close in XP

Dan Smith
Wed Nov 11 08:26:35 PST 2009

> Regarding the disappearing users.txt file- I found that is it deleted
> when using the self-contained Windows installer .EXE  It also deletes a
> file named users2.txt :p   What was happening is that every new update
> that I installed was deleting it, that is where the mystery lay.

Ah, okay, yes.  Right now, I just blow away the whole D-RATS
installation directory because it shouldn't contain any data like that.
 Oops :)

How about I move the location of the users.txt file to the profile and
give you a button to click on the repeater than opens that file in
notepad so it's easy to find?

Thanks Brian.. Good detective work :)