[drats_users] D-RATS 0.3.2b5

Ron Wenig
Mon Nov 9 17:26:20 PST 2009

Hi Dan,

Man that was fast, I'm impressed.  I quickly tested checking Winlink
email and it works great.

I believe the way SSIDs work, -1 to -9 are extensions of the primary
call.  If you are using Paclink, one of the client programs, and you set
up an email address using your call and an SSID, you have to use the
same password as the main email address which is your call.  So the
first thing you have to set up is your call then you set up any other
ones with an SSID.  Every email address gets authorized to use Winlink
by just sending an email through the Winlink system.  The -10 SSID is
usually set aside for RMS Packet Gateways.  So when you see a call with
a -10 you will know that you can connect to the station to send or
receive mail.

What I did was change the D-Rats userid to NY3J-1 that allowed me to
check the winlink mail from NY3J.  This was using simplex.  I'm not that
familiar with the D-Star system but in order to use gateways or even
repeater with an SSID you may have to register that with the server.

Thanks for all your hard work Dan,

Ron ny3j