[drats_users] D-RATS 0.3.2b5

Dan Smith
Mon Nov 9 15:17:22 PST 2009

Hi all,

I just posted 0.3.2b5 with the following changes:

- Be less verbose about every new session on every port during startup
- Remove unused "remote form transfers" toggle in preferences
- Actually honor "remote file transfers" toggle and refuse to allow a
  file download unless this is checked
- Report a denial of file transfer if the remote so indicates
- Make columns in the message display resizable
- Add Windows Vista and Windows 7 detection to version response
- Fix RPM build (I think)
- Add Winlink2000 gateway support to remote mail check function
- Add "WL2K" account to remote mail check account selection dialog

Although very complex and not yet finished, this version makes checking
your Winlink messages via D-STAR very easy.  Find a station that has
Internet access (you can use my station on the ratflector).  Right click
on that station in the sidebar and choose "Request mail check".  On the
resulting dialog, choose "WL2K" and hit OK.  If you have Winlink
messages waiting, they will be on their way to you as soon as the remote
station does a message flush.  Note that MacOS users cannot *host* this
function yet, but can *check* their mail through another station that is
supported.

The Winlink support is relatively complex with lots of moving parts
(unfortunately a result of how Winlink works), so please test this and
let me know.

I will be working on expanding this with at least the following:

- Sending via Winlink
- Polling Winlink locally to check those messages without going through
  another station
- Allowing selection of the Winlink server you want to use
- Providing a toggle to prevent you from being used for Winlink and
  email gatewaying

Please test and let me know.  I'm sure it'll break for some people, but
the sooner we can get all the bugs found, the sooner we can have it
working :)