[drats_users] D-RATS 0.3.0b9

Dan Smith
Fri May 29 06:52:13 PDT 2009

Hi Debbie,

> do you mind if I post the details you provided here about
> preliminary TNC support to one of the ARES lists I'm on?  I wasn't
> sure your preference for quoting email on this list elsewhere.

Sure.  Please just make sure to stress that it's early, only in the
beta versions, and that I haven't fully decided where I'm going with
it.

Based on process-related comments from Eric and Tony, as well as
technical discussion elsewhere, I think I'm not going to pursue AX.25
support at this point.  I think that interoperability between packet
and D-STAR is important, but at an application layer, not the network
layer.  So, you might want to include some of that in any external
discussions to set the expectation level appropriately.