[drats_users] TNC Port Support

Tony Langdon, VK3JED
Thu May 28 16:59:59 PDT 2009

At 06:02 AM 5/29/2009, you wrote:
>Personally, I have always thought that a single do all program would
>be a wonderful thing. However, as I've begun to play with different
>programs for different uses such as Winlink, OutpostPM, D*RATS,
>APRS, etc... It has become very clear to me that separate programs
>for different protocols is the way to go.

I prefer to follow the UNIX school of thought and go for a modular
approach, with a common data interchange format, so you can plug the
pieces together any way you want.  D-RATS for D-STAR radios, a packet
module for interfacing to a TNC, perhaps even a separate AX.25 module
for direct interfacing to legacy networks, a WInlink module,
etc.  Then the user can just plug together (in software) the pieces
they wish to use.

73 de VK3JED / VK3IRL
http://vkradio.com