[drats_users] Outboud Mailing

Dan Smith
Wed May 20 12:13:39 PDT 2009

Hi Craig,

> I am having trouble sending email from D-RATS to an outside email
> address.  I am connected to the Internet and have D-RATS configured for
> gateway.  I am trying to send an email from my D-RATS computer to the
> outside smtp gateway without going through an RF link.  Can I do this
> without sending the email across a RF link or Ratflector, eg loopback?
> I have given myself permissions for bothway access.  I have also set up
> the smtp email outbound gateway using the gmail configuration
> parameters.

Which version of D-RATS are you using?  The latest few 0.3 betas that
include the multiport stuff don't currently have working email gateway
stuff.  It's one of the few things I have yet to convert over to the
multiport config and thus it's all over the floor.

With an older 0.3 beta, you can just highlight the form and click the
email button on the toolbar.

> Additionally, can someone give me a brief explanation of the filter
> field in the access box?  Is the filter for email addresss or for
> subjects?

The filter is for email addresses.  Blank means "anything".