[drats_users] [D-RATS] #68: File transfer problem (fwd)

Pentti Gronlund
Wed May 13 12:11:09 PDT 2009

D-RATS Tracker writes:

>  We have been running tests with various configurations over the evening:
>
>  This seems to be a problem with stations using d-rats_repeater, especially
>  with slow/loaded computers.
>
>  File transfer works better between stations that have direct radio
>  connections, no matter what platform.
>
>  Some adjustments needed with the tuning parameters?

Dan (and others, too),

If you get stuck in a file transfer involving a d-star_repeater proxy
and a bad link budget (and even worse, a slow computer), you might be
better with a direct connection to the radio.

It seems to us (tm) that the complexities in our systems here have now
exceeded the level, where things start to get interesting :)

And, my sincere thanks to Dan, David and all of you, who have made it
possible to have D-RATS. I really admire the tool.

Benjamin OH3BK
--
		Live Reports from the Taxman's Paradise!