[drats_users] D-RATS 0.3.0b6

Dan Smith
Sun May 10 11:35:26 PDT 2009

Hi all,

I just posted 0.3.0b6.  There aren't a large number of changes in this
one, because one is very significant.  This release replaces the
single setting of a serial port and baud rate with a list of multiple
ports.  Each port can be selectively enabled/disabled, allowing you to
connect to multiple data paths.  You can connect to the ratflector,
your local RF simplex frequency with one radio, your local RF repeater
with another, etc.

Most operations now prompt you with a port to use for the action.  The
stations list shows you what port the station was last heard on so
you'll know.  Note that the chat screen now has a port selector which
controls which port a particular message goes out on.  Chat traffic
for all ports shows up in the window, prefixed with the port name.

During an event, you could have two radios and send/receive files and
messages through each port simultaneously to maximize bandwidth.

The full change list is:

- Allow multiple ports (as described above)
- Fix (hopefully) the by-address assistant popping up under the
  preferences dialog on win32
- Fixed some static objects on python 2.6 machines, allowing proper
  system-wide installation
- Add "Send file" in the context menu of the stations display

This is the version I'll likely take with me to Dayton.  Given the
invasive nature of the multiport changes, I'd really appreciate some
vetting of it as soon as possible so I have time to fix anything that
might be broken.  The email gateway stuff is known to not be in good
shape with the port stuff, but other than that, I think things should
be good.  Please speak up on issues to help me have a smooth demo at
Dayton :)