[drats_users] not sure on this one

Dan Smith
Fri May 1 18:04:23 PDT 2009

> It appears to me that "Test Connectivity" is not honoring the "Force
> TX Delay" setting in Preferences.

Mmm, no, it has to.  The delay is introduced two layers below it.  If
the delay is working for other traffic, then it should be working for
the test as well.

> I am using the Repeater Proxy hooked to the rig and then connecting
> D-RATS to that, perhaps the Proxy doesn't attempt to do any of the
> timing settings that D-RATS itself does when connected directly to
> the rig?  (Hadn't thought of that until just now.)

The proxy does not do (or know of) any of the timing settings.
However, if D-RATS waits three seconds to send anything down the
network pipe, the proxy won't key the radio until it gets something.

If you plug D-RATS directly to the radio, is it behaving?  Maybe I
broke something with the delay recently, but I can't think of what
that would be off hand.