[drats_users] D-RATS 0.3.0-alpha11

Dan Smith
Tue Mar 31 14:56:41 PDT 2009

Hi all,

I just posted alpha11 with the following changes:

 - Add options for notice events to the config box
 - Make D-RATS flash the task bar if one of those events occurs *and*
   the input focus is not in the D-RATS window
 - Updates to the default form stylesheet
 - Fix a bug that causes D-RATS to become rather obsessive about
   asking the remote end about a missing block during a transfer
 - Add a gradual back-off to the timer when asking for a replacement
   ACK during a transfer
 - Add authentication support to the repeater (see here[1] for
   details)
 - Add authentication support to D-RATS via a password field in the
   configuration box
 - Fix the chat box to not accept random input in the middle of the
   buffer
 - Fix Win32 build that broke email messages in alpha10

[1] http://d-rats.com/trac/ticket/3

I would like to either (a) make this the last alpha of 0.3 and move
into beta, or (b) get a list of all items that are blocking us from
doing so.  If you have things you think are important to get fixed
before we can call it a beta, please file a bug.

I've added a couple of milestones to the bug system.  If you file
something that needs to be fixed before we go into beta, then assign
the bug to the 0.3.0b1 milestone.  Anything else that just needs to be
done before 0.3.0 official should be marked as such.

I've set the due date for 0.3.0b1 as April 6th, as I'd like to have a
beta at least by then.  Please, if you have issues, get them filed
ASAP and applied to the 0.3.0b1 milestone so I can get them fixed or
addressed in some way.

I want to have something very close to being, if not completely
official by Dayton, which is mid-May.  That's not too much time, so
please start really testing 0.3.x and get those bugs filed!