[drats_users] D-RATS- HF

Dan Smith
Mon Mar 30 15:26:02 PDT 2009

> But yes, that's what I was thinking, a Jabber client in D-RATS might
> be cool (and useful! ;) ).

I'm as big of a jabber fan as the next guy.  I run a server myself and
use it exclusively.  Still, I'm not sure I've quite grasped the
benefit here.

For IP-based connectivity, the ratflector gives us the ability to
simulate a higher-speed RF environment with no collisions or
corruption.  Scalability could be achieved by making it aware of the
block format and behaving like a switch instead of a hub.