[drats_users] [D-RATS] #10: D-RATS 0.3A8 wont load

Dave Cooley
Thu Mar 26 19:03:32 PDT 2009

> Thanks. I will put it through its paces. Do you get the Buoy Data from
> the NDBC web site?

Yes.  Unfortunately, their RSS data is not formatted in a sane way, nor does
it really provide much information about the buoy site.  It's pretty sad
actually.

There may be another interface that we can exploit to get a little more
data, but this should suffice for a while, and certainly is better than
nothing.

Okay, I am working on finding better sources of information. Can you explain
the format for the data entry field?
 You state " Put, say, "42007,ptbm6" in the box"  I found both 42007 and
PTMB6 as unique station identifiers in the Gulf of Mexico. Do I put both in
the box? Which Buoy will it plot?

Thanks