[drats_users] D-RATS 0.3.0-alpha8

Dan Smith
Wed Mar 25 18:32:11 PDT 2009

Hi folks,

I just posted 0.3.0-alpha8 with lots of goodies:

- Multiple map performance improvements
  - Delay before showing information pop-up
  - Keep track of only visible stations to improve redraw time
- Updated Italian translation from Leo
- Add a preliminary Dutch translation from Rob
- Fix improper file size parsing in remote files list
- Revert socket delay change (causing transfer failures on ratflector)
- Fix station QST type
- Add Map->Edit Sources option, which affects:
 - Add ability to add/remove static overlay files
 - Add ability to add NSGS river level overlays
 - Add ability to add NBDC buoy information overlays
- Add ability to use email (or WinLink) as a form transport mechanism
- Fix long-standing "NoneType not iterable" warning on email gateway
- Add "Email" button in Messages to manually send via email
- Add "Sender" column to Messages view
- Fix toggling visibility of Map groups and items
- Fix wrap mode in chat buffers
- Make zoom control "page step" 3 zoom levels
- Fix nasty crash on Win32 when canceling a session

There is a lot of new stuff in this release, so lots of bug potential,
and thus lots of potential to open tickets for issues.  Please do :)

The email transport needs quite a bit of testing I think, but should be
quite useful to bridge two isolated D-RATS islands over email (internet
or WinLink).

Have at it!