[drats_users] 0.3.0-alpha7

Dan Smith
Tue Mar 17 14:46:07 PDT 2009

Hi all,

As Dave pointed out yesterday, I broke file listing right before posting
alpha6.  When making the installer, I have to be sure that all the paths
properly reference the installed directory (on all platforms, and all
scenarios).  I missed one of them which caused the breakage :(

Anyway, I just posted alpha7 with that fixed so that we don't miss out
on any testing because of that.  In addition, here are some things I've
added since yesterday which are included here:

 - Replace the missing reply functionality in messages
 - Echo all event items in the status bar at the bottom of the screen
 - Provide a little more status information for connect/disconnect in
   the files tab (in the status bar only, not the event log)

I was a little wary of trying to shove information into the status bar,
so I'm not sure how well this will work.  However, after playing with it
a little, I think it will do pretty well.  If you have multiple
transfers going on (or lots of other things coming in) then it might get
a little confusing.  However, for the majority of the cases I think it
will do okay.

So, if people could please try this out and let me know what they think
about the status information, I'd appreciate it.