[drats_users] Filling a forms locks other windows

Dan Smith
Mon Mar 9 15:37:11 PDT 2009

> Something I really hadn't noticed until we started using forms quite
> a bit is the inability to respond to a message in the chat window
> while a form is open. If you have a form open you can't do anything
> else in D-RATS.

It's a dialog box, which means it's "modal".  It behaves just like a
"save" box in another application.

The UI in 0.2 is setup to assume some amount of modality from the form
and changing it is non-trivial.  In 0.3 I will be better able to make it
behave like an email client where you can have multiple form windows
open without making the rest of the UI wait on it.