[drats_users] D-RATS 0.3.0-alpha3

Nate Duehr
Thu Mar 5 15:14:11 PST 2009

On Mar 5, 2009, at 2:33 PM, Dan Smith wrote:

>> Maps are very nice, fast and immediate. This is a great job too!
>
> Thanks, good to hear!
>
>> 1. How D-RATS use local instead of remote (download just in time)
>> maps?
>
> I'm not sure I understand what you're asking here...

He's saying if you're planning on being mobile, running D-RATS, is
there a way to pre-cache maps for a particular area so it doesn't try
to download them (when you have no Internet connection).

>> 2. If I go to KK7DS geo coordinates... maps download tiles and where
>> are they memorized? are they all memorized to local hard disk? And if
>> I have not enough free space, how can I delete unwanted maps?
>
> They're kept in you configuration directory, which is
> %APPDATA%/D-RATS/maps on windows and ~/.d-rats/maps on anything else.

This probably covers his above question if there's a way to tell D-
RATS that it has no live Internet connection currently.

> The map window has a way to dump the cache, which will delete all
> currently-saved maps.

This also is related... should you hit this button while you have no
Net connection -- you'll be mapless...

Nate WY0X