[drats_users] Messaging Issue?

Dan Smith
Thu Jun 25 15:31:05 PDT 2009

> I think I found a messaging issue. A few of us have been leaving
> D-Rats up 24/7 on the local repeater just so we always have someone
> to connect to and test with.

Cool, bonus points for you :)

> At lunch, one guy asked me if I got his message. I said no, and he
> said that was strange he saw it go out (him->repeater->me). I got
> home and looked for the message, the message he sent me is located
> in my Outbox. That seems strange to me.

It is strange, but expected (I think).

In 0.3.0b11, I added some message routing stuff which will eventually
lead to being able to have D-RATS stations automatically forward
messages destined for other stations along a pre-set route.  When a
message arrives for a recipient other than the current station, it
puts it in the Outbox instead of the Inbox so that the routing logic
(if enabled) will pick it up on the next cycle.

Since he's on 0.2, his form didn't have routing information on it,
which means it defaulted to looking within the form and picked up one
of the recipient fields (depending on the type).  Since this recipient
field was probably not your callsign, verbatim as known to D-RATS, it
assumed it was for a different station and put it in the Outbox.

What I should do is, if you don't have message routing enabled, not
stuff things in the Outbox automatically.

Does that make sense?  Wanna file a bug for me so I remember to fix
that? :)