[drats_users] D-RATS 0.3.0b10

Dan Smith
Wed Jun 3 16:12:43 PDT 2009

Hi all,

I just posted 0.3.0b10 with the following changes:

- Fix subport syntax parsing
- Fix/improve partial packet parsing
- Fix session context menu for stop/cancel
- Added per-type information label on the addport dialog
- Added an email address override for the email button in messages
- Added "request all positions" in the stations context menu
- Added "get version" in the stations context menu
- Added "restart" option to session context menu (to re-allow file resume)
- Added sorting of the event list by time
- Added latest Italian translation from Leo
- Added XML-RPC plugin infrastructure
- Added some example plugin scripts (in the plugins/ directory of the
  source tree)

The plugin stuff is more of a "remote control interface" but should
open the door to some people doing some interesting things with add-on
programs.  I know that Leo is looking to spit out DX spots over chat
and he should be able to do that quite easily with this.  In addition
to sending chat messages, sending files and requesting the remote's
file list is supported.  More to come with that.

Also, the reintroduction of "file resume" is one of the last things on
my list for feature parity with 0.2.  I still need to do form resume
and provide some way to remotely retrieve forms from a remote station
in order to hit parity.  Is there anything else that people can think
of that 0.2 supports that 0.3 is missing at this point?  I'd really
like to start converging on a stable release of 0.3, so comments on
this would be appreciated.