[drats_users] Noed adapter support

Dan Smith
Tue Jun 2 11:26:59 PDT 2009

> Dan and I successfully used D-Rats on the Sparta Hot Spot today. The
> problem is in the latency. I would not work if his end was not
> manually keyed longer than the actual packet. Worked fine in
> manual. D-Rats would have to add TX extend to trasnsmission.

I don't think it's latency-related, but rather that the hotspot seems
to be dropping the transmission early, before the last bit of data
gets flushed out.  To make it work, I would have to get a chat message
ready and then manually key the radio while hitting the send button,
leaving it keyed for a few seconds after.  This obviously wouldn't
work for a file transfer.

I can add a trailer similar to the warmup, but I'd rather not waste
bandwidth in this way if the hotspot software can be fixed :)