[drats_users] transfer Block Sizes

Arnold Harding
Fri Jul 10 14:33:43 PDT 2009

<<  bunches removed >>

> Unless we're talking about changing the on-air packet format (which
> is a
> *real* can of worms), then I think we can work our way out of this
> hole
> at least somewhat my making the sending station smarter.  Because of
> that, I'd say that we should attack the problem in 0.3.1 so as not
> delay 0.3.0 with any potentially destabilizing changes of that
> magnitude.
>
> What do you think?

Interesting.  Your answer is about what I expected, with more
information tossed in.  For me, knowing how it works will allow me to
decide for myself what to do.  Although it's clumsy, I can work with
that for even longer than 0.3.1.

After I had an on-the-air D-RATS session with someone in a poor
location I began to think about this.

Leave it as is for a while.

Arnold