[drats_users] transfer Block Sizes

Arnold Harding
Fri Jul 10 13:38:56 PDT 2009

I think I'm opening a can of worms by asking this, but I think I need
to.

When a file is transferred, is the block size used that of the sender,
the receiver, the originating station of the transfer, or the smallest
block size of the stations involved?

I don't know what information gets passed when the handshake gets
made, so I don't know the real answer.

What I'm thinking is several stations are in a Net, and all but one
can reliably transfer files, etc. with a Block Size of 4096, and one
poor sole can only do 128.  How many stations in that net must use a
block size of 128?  Is it all stations, or only any station that wants
to communicate with station 128?

To make it worse, if there are multiple ports, i.e. radios, I suppose
I should set my transfer Block Size for the worst path?

Sorry.

 Arnold

KQ6DI