[drats_users] Default file transfer path directory

Dan Smith
Fri Jul 3 21:52:11 PDT 2009

> OK, I agree with your thinking.  What I here from a lot of new users
> is that they aren't happy unknowingly sharing what's on their
> desktop.  If you are in control and teaching, that's one thing.  But
> to not know until told what got shared is another.

Yep.  I think that leaving the "allow remote file transfers" off by
default (and make 0.3 honor it like it should) will satisfy that
requirement.

> Is "remote File Transfers" in and out?  I suppose it doesn't matter
> if the new person is somehow in control until they figure it out.

It only restricts remote stations from seeing your files.  It won't
stop you from initiating transfers.

> My folder is "My Documents/D-RATS".  I'm not sure I want a program
> creating a folder on the desktop.  I'd keep deleting it and change
> to the folder I created.  Oh well...

No, D-RATS would only create the folder it was configured for and if
it didn't exist.  So, on a fresh install it would create the default
directory.  You'd change D-RATS' config to point to the folder you
want and delete the default one.  It would not re-create the default
after that.