[drats_users] Help Needed-found debug log

Dan Smith
Sun Jan 25 16:12:29 PST 2009

> Me.com is the new mac mail server.

Well, it doesn't appear to support any of the standard SMTP ports.
Unless you know of some weird port that it's listening for SMTP
connections on, then you can't use it with D-RATS.

> There is another email service I use but drats looks like it
> doesn't support .net.

I don't know what ".net" is in this context.  If it supports SMTP, then
it will work.  If it doesn't, then it won't :)

> [SMTP] Connecting to mail.fleetwooddp.com:465
> [SMTP] Error sending mail: Connection unexpectedly closed
> [SMTP] Error sending mail: Connection unexpectedly closed

I am able to connect to the above server on port 465 with SSL enabled,
but it doesn't appear to support the standard STARTTLS extension.

> <mailto:ve7fky at gmail.com@pop.gmail.com>] Querying pop.gmail.com:995

You appear to have a gmail account, why not just use the gmail SMTP
servers?  Other people on this list have used them, so I know they work.