[drats_users] D-RATS e-mail

Dan Smith
Thu Jan 15 06:41:35 PST 2009

> I have been rcvng e-mails through DRats but when I want to reply or
> send new e-mail I fail. I tried to send myself an e-mail and details
> of the session are as follows:

If you haven't read the HOWTO document on the website, please do:

  http://www.d-rats.com/wiki/InternetEmail

It's a little out of date and I see some errors in it, but it should get
you closer.

> 06:03:44: Form transfer started with RSAFAYA at ATTGLOBAL.NET (email)

When you send the email form, you must select another D-RATS station,
not an email address.  Thus, you must enter the callsign of a station
that is reachable by your radio that has their email gateway enabled.
The "to" field in the email form is the only place you should put an
email address.

If you don't have another station to test with, you can do somewhat of a
loopback test by creating a form addressed to the email address that you
put into the D-RATS configuration.  Save the form and then right-click
on it in Form Manager and click "email".  D-RATS will send the email out
and it should come back in after a bit as another form.

> Please advise what changes should I make in settings to be able to
> send out e-mails.

I think that you're expecting there to be more infrastructure in place
in the repeater system to support D-RATS features, but there is not.
This may come in the future, but right now everything is implemented at
the end stations.