[drats_users] D Rats help

Dan Smith
Wed Jan 14 11:35:22 PST 2009

> I will ask you specific questions as I go along.

Okay, I'm copying the mailing list.  Please send your response and
future questions to the list so that others can benefit from the discussion.

> I have two windows open: DRATS Repeater Proxy & D Rats (
> communication tool). I have 92 AD connected via usb-serial cable to
> local repeater VA7ICM C & G ( Rpt 1 & 2). Settings COM3 38400.
> Network Port: 9000 Identification: Blank Next pull down tab shows 30
> Under Monitor tab; both IB and traffic Monitor are blank.

It doesn't seem like you need the repeater module based on your config.

I recommend you go into the D-RATS configuration, under "radio" and set
COM3 and 38400.  Don't open the repeater application.

Make sure your handheld is set for Auto Data TX, GPS mode OFF, and set
to a DV channel.  When you type something in the chat window, you should
see the radio key up.

Good luck!