[drats_users] (no subject)

Dan Smith
Thu Feb 26 07:36:48 PST 2009

> I am running alpha 3 and .2.10b6 at the same time on the same machine. So
> far neither has crashed. I am sure they wont like it when someone tries to
> do a transfer.

Nope, they won't care about a transfer, but you will want to make sure
they're running different callsigns (N4DIB and N4DIB-1 or something).

> Is there a way to run multiple instances on the same machine?
> When you launch the app it looks to the appdata location for the info and
> populates both. I can see advantages for being able to have multiple
> instances.

There is a way to make them keep their settings separately, which is a
good idea for testing something really new like 0.3.  If you run the
program with an argument of "-c" you can tell it where to keep the stuff
it normally keeps in APPDATA.

If you create a shortcut on your desktop to D-RATS (by dragging it with
the right mouse button from the directory you extracted the zip file to
the desktop), then edit the properties by right clicking.  In the
"target" box, add something like "-c c:\d-rats-tmp" to the end (not
including the quotes).  When you start it up, it should think it is W1AW
again and start keeping its settings separate from your "normal" D-RATS
instance.