[drats_users] D-RATS 0.3 alpha preview

Dan Smith
Tue Feb 24 09:48:43 PST 2009

> The message window is great. Much easier for managing messages. When
> it becomes beta I think I will use it for an email client! Will we
> have the ability to add more folders?

Yep, that's the plan.  I think I will also provide some sort of "shared
folder" support to allow you to organize what messages specific stations
see and can download (think per-station drop boxes like a BBS).  With a
little automatic sorting logic, this should allow even more BBS-like
behavior.

Right now, if you like, you can go to %APPDATA%\D-RATS\messages and
create extra folders on the filesystem.  D-RATS will pick these up on
startup.  Obviously I'll provide a way to do that in the app, I just
haven't done that yet.

> I really like the files window. What is the functionality of the
> connect and disconnect buttons? The Pull Down Window? Is this where
> the stations will show up?

Type a (valid) callsign in the box and hit connect.  It will work like
FTP to move files back and forth between the local and remote panels.
The drop-down will eventually be pre-populated with known stations, as
you would expect.