[drats_users] D-RATS 0.3 alpha preview

Dan Smith
Mon Feb 23 21:27:46 PST 2009

Hi all,

I'm calling this an "alpha preview" because I don't think it's quite
alpha quality yet.  However, I want to get something out there for some
feedback on the UI.  There is a lot of broken stuff here, so I don't
really need testing feedback just yet, with the exception of comments
related to how the UI works for various things.

I'm pretty happy with the interface changes, and I'm really hoping that
people like it too.  I think it's significantly better than what we have
now, and has a lot more room for improvement than the current UI.

Just a few notes:

 - The message stuff works reasonably well right now, but there are
   still some things I need to add, like the ability to create more
   folders (but you can drag-n-drop into the default ones).  I also need
   to work out the message send workflow, but it does work at the
   moment.

 - The files tab is, I think, going to be really nice.  It works like
   the typical dual-pane FTP client, and combines the activities of
   sending and receiving files into a single action.  Type a callsign in
   the box and hit the connect button.  Then you can use the up/download
   buttons to move things back and forth.  There will be folders there
   too.

 - The event log tab has a lot of work to be done, but I think it's a
   nice combination of the sessions tab and an itemized event log, which
   will do a lot more in the coming days.

Note that I just have the zip option for win32 right now, and the
installer for the linux package won't work yet either (just run it right
out of the archive directory).  With all the new icons, there is a lot
of work to be done to get everything linked appropriately :)

Anyway, give it a shot and let me know what you think.

  http://d-rats.com/download/beta/0.3-alphas/