[drats_users] D-Rats Repeater

IZ5FSA, Leo
Wed Dec 2 00:30:14 PST 2009

>> I just noticed that D-rats Repeater in 0.3.2b7 no longer has the monitor
>> tab.
>> Just wondered if this is correct and if so, I miss this feature to
>> test connectivity and connection traffic.
>
> Yep, that's been gone since the repeater became packet-aware.  I know I
> need to add it back in, I just haven't done it yet.

It would be nice to improve the repeater with this feature request:
1) make a right-bar with callsign connected to the repeater, with
dropdown-menu with a few feature like disconnect/disable and send chat
message (I think it will be useful in emergency situations and for
maintenance).
2) if a connection port were refused, retries it at a specified time
(crotab style???);
3) at specified time run/execute commands (crontab style???) that
relply as a chat message;
4) create a hearded stations log with latest hearded timestamp and
port (separate log file);

Debug note:
verify why running with -C option it doesn't trust localhost.

73s de Leo, IZ5FSA
MDXC #201