[drats_users] [D-RATS] #165: Track Center Function Inop

Dave Cooley
Tue Dec 1 08:06:48 PST 2009

D-RATS Tracker wrote:
> #165: Track Center Function Inop
> ---------------------------+------------------------------------------------
>  Reporter:  N2LZ           |       Owner:  kk7ds
>      Type:  Bug            |      Status:  accepted
> Changes (by kk7ds):
>
>   * status:  new => accepted
>

> Comment:
>
>  Well, I don't think that it has ever tracked its own position in that
>  manner, so I don't think this is a regression.  However, I think you
>  should be able to get it to do that if you double-click on your own
>  callsign in the stations list.  If you do that does it track?
>
>  I'll test it here later on and see if that doesn't work.  I can also see
>  about making it default to centered on itself from the get-go so that you
>  don't have to take that extra step.
>
>  Thanks!

Yes, by double clicking on the station in the stations list it will
re-center and the station icom moves (tracks) with the updated position
but the map does not re-adjust ( as it did when tracking another mobile
unit transmitting gps strings) It won't track center, I keep driving off
the map. In order to keep my station Icon in the center I have to keep
double clicking the station Icon. ( not a good situation when driving) hihi
And yes I would agree that making track center as default makes a lot of
sense.

Thanks

--
Dave Cooley