[drats_users] Repeater in OSX..

Debbie Fligor
Wed Aug 26 13:06:47 PDT 2009

On Aug 26, 2009, at 8:53, Dan Smith wrote:

>> it ran fine for me this morning with "python2.5 d-rats_repeater" in X
>> on my Mac.  however, due to finally installing 10.6 seed on my
>> notebook today to start really testing what works and what doesn't,
>> I'm right in the middle of re-installing fink and mac ports and their
>> packages, and don't have a working build environment right now.
>
> Ah, okay.

well, the fink install went flawlessly, and I have a working d-rats
again in X windows.

it was pretty spotty trying to use the libraries and such from the old
10.5 install on fink although it kind-of worked.

> That's usually a library mismatch (where one is newer than another it
> depends on).  We'll probably have to ask the MacPorts folks, either on
> email or IRC about it.  Maybe I'll try it on my PPC Mac to see if it
> happens for me as well.

I tried going on to the non=pango parts and hit another snag.  I'll
get some notes together and check out the ports web site and see if
there's any suggestions there.