[drats_users] Correctly configuring D-Rats to talk to myself

Dan Smith
Tue Aug 4 12:57:45 PDT 2009

> When I send some text with D-Rats it keys the radio, the receiving
> radio records the callsign and msg correctly but the receiving D-Rats
> sees nothing. I can reverse the Tx and Rx stations and get the same
> results.

Are they handhelds and do they have power save enabled?

Turn on "raw text" on each D-RATS and see if you're getting garbled
stuff.  It could be that you're receiving, but the data is being
corrupted and you just don't see that.

Also make sure your baud rate is correct at each side.  If you see 100%
garbled yellow text with the above enabled, that's a good thing to try.