[drats_users] D-RATS 0.3.0b5

Dan Smith
Tue Apr 28 16:22:15 PDT 2009

Hi all,

I just posted 0.3.0b5.  This includes some (potentially regressive)
internal cleanups that will go to support some of the more advanced
things we've been talking about lately.  I wanted to get out a version
with some of the updates in it for testing before I go breaking things
again.  Some sanity checking of this version on things you expect to
work from previous versions would be good.

Changes:

- Fix UNIX packaging
- Fix failure to update station last heard timestamp after first
  packet
- Fix the obsessive status notifications in the chat window on every
  single packet (!)
- Fix the stations sidebar taking up too much space
- Fix (hopefully) a race on close/reopen during preferences exit when
  on Windows (short term hack until a real fix later)
- Fix naming of USGS and NSGS rivers to proper NWIS
- Fix ability to respond to "request position" calls
- Fix persisting of dynamic "Stations" overlay data
- Attempt to reconnect the comm layer several times before claiming
  defeat (for serial and sockets)
- Add "request position" to stations context menu
- Add "ping all" to stations context menu