[drats_users] Picture crash

Arnold Harding
Sun Apr 26 15:31:34 PDT 2009

Now I can't break it.  I sent the picture once at 16 KB and I think I
got 2 retries at the beginning.  So I improved the picture quality,
and sent it at 20 KB, and I did not see retries.  So I tried sending
it as 640x480 with a little more compression to make it a 40 KB file,
and as far as I can tell looking at the debug log, it went without any
retries.
I do have lots and lots of ONLINE messages in both chat windows.

Then I tried harder to break it.  I dropped power on the radios to 5W
on 440 and 1W on 1.2G.  It appeared to be going fine until I heard
another station actually using voice.  That did interrupt it.  The
receiving end seemed to be confused for a while.  I restarted the
send, and it completed.

What does the message while it's transferring that says (Total 11B)
mean?

One probable bug.  If I remotely ask for a picture, I don't get to
resize it.  I had to stop the transfer of the 1M file.

Arnold
KQ6DI