[drats_users] Pictures

Arnold Harding
Sat Apr 25 21:06:20 PDT 2009

>> Did the picture compressor from version 0.2 make it somewhere in
>> 0.3?
>> If so, where?
>
> Yep.  If you try to upload a picture file (.jpg or the like) it will
> automatically pop up the picture tool.

a)
OK, so I sent a picture from one computer to the other.  The original
was 1136 KB, and the compressed file that got sent ends up as 16.8 KB
(attached).  It seemed to be going fairly smoothly, considering the
repeater I'm using is 60 miles away, and I am cross-banding back to
myself.  At 99% sent, there were 10 error blocks, and I believe that's
reasonable considering the distance.
But then it sat there, and did nothing for several minutes.  Something
was hitting the hard disk on the sending computer, and some
communications program was taking around 10% of the processor power
(Task Manager information).  Then D-RATS finally gave the message of
"Transfer Interrupted".
I then re-sent the same picture with the same compression, and it
completed fairly quickly.  This is almost an identical issue I saw
last weekend when I was in the middle of nowhere....  D-RATS appeared
to have died.

b)  Both D-RATS computer's Chat windows are filled with "Now Online:
Online (D-RATS)".  It seems as if it must be part of the handshake,
but it doesn't seem necessary in the Chat window (unless it was
already decided to do it that way).

Both computers are running 0.3.0B4.

Is it something I did, or is there something else I can try?

Arnold
KQ6DI