[drats_users] Comm Port Issue

Keith Parker
Thu Apr 23 05:41:49 PDT 2009

Hi Steinar,
I am not using the USB --> Serial.  I am using Serial
port on my board.  I have a M3A78-EM ASUS mother board,
AMD 6000 Dual Core, running 64 bit Ubuntu 8.10. I hear
alot of people say their Mother board doesn't have Serial
port but if you look at your mother board you may be very
surprised to find that there is a header there to plug in a
serial port.  You just have to buy one.  They are so cheap.
The mother board companies are just saving a few pennies.
You can get them from frontx.com (part# CPX102-2 $6.70) or any other
supplier you like. If you are using a laptop sorry you wasted
your time reading this.
73
Keith AB8CL