[drats_users] sending a file

Dan Smith
Wed Apr 22 16:47:00 PDT 2009

> This doesn't seem at all as obvious as the 0.2 stuff.  I didn't need
> to ask with that.

Well, unfortunately we had the UI design discussion quite a while
ago... :)

With 0.2, did you think that retrieving files /from/ an unattended
station was straightforward?  While you could argue that sending a
file required fewer clicks, countless in-person training sessions
revealed to me that pulling files the other direction needed a better
interface.

I could consider adding a File->Send File menu action to mirror the
0.2 interface, but I think there is some value in having people
trained to do file transfers in both directions in the same place.
Fewer "special cases" in the UI seem to be the easiest for
non-technical users to grasp, document, and remember.

What do other people think?