[drats_users] Test patterns

Nate Duehr
Tue Apr 21 16:11:36 PDT 2009

On Tue, 21 Apr 2009 16:00:22 -0700, "Arnold Harding" <kq6di at comcast.net>
said:

> Rather than spending a bunch of time trying to find out if a path
> might work with a bunch of test patterns, wouldn't it be more
> efficient to just try sending the file?  Sure, we can determine what
> bits got blown if we want, but what's the point.  If we do a medium
> size ping and reply (my request), and get a decent reply, then go for
> it.

Good point Arnold.  :-)  The "echo" test might be helpful when no one
else is around... if you're trying to set up early for an event or
something on a repeater... I could see that being useful too... the
software being able to copy its own "echoed" packets... from the "E"
callsign in D-Plus equipped Gateways.

Nate WY0X
--
  Nate Duehr