[drats_users] D-RATS 0.3.0b1 (!)

Become A Ham
Sat Apr 11 09:51:28 PDT 2009

Hi All, I am new to D-Rats and not sure if this has been brought up
prior...when I try to send a Radio Gram the form gets through but any text
placed in the message portion does not print out.

Help.

73,
Roland
K5CW
"Become A Ham...Come Join Us On The Airwaves"
For Additional Information:
Email: Become_A_Ham at elp.rr.com
Call: 915-239-5128

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dan Smith" <dsmith at danplanet.com>
To: <drats_users at lists.danplanet.com>
Sent: Friday, April 10, 2009 7:47 PM
Subject: [drats_users] D-RATS 0.3.0b1 (!)

Hi all,

I have posted what I'm calling 0.3.0b1 in the normal beta area.  In
case you need a reminder of where that is, it can be accessed here:

  http://www.d-rats.com/download/beta/

Changes since the last alpha are:

- Fix a startup bug if running on a fresh installation
- Fix the case where someone enters an almost-correct net: string
- Fix leaking of the main filter into the saved filter list (causing
  the duplicate main tab issue)
- Fix the sniffer to:
 - Not crash
 - Create events instead of chat entries
 - Avoid grabbing the RPC session number (thus breaking RPC)
- Fix failure to connect to the file server if remote has no files
- Fix failure of the events list to stay scrolled at the top
- Add debug and config area arguments to repeater app
- Add console-only mode (-C) to repeater app
- Add a few sound events on Linux and Win32 (sorry Mac users, not for
  you just yet)
- Add indenting of second-and-subsequent lines in chat display
- Add bolding of callsign and timestamp in chat display
- Add tooltips to the toolbar items in the Files tab
- Add "hints" to some fields in:
 - The events tab
 - The files tab
 - The preferences dialog
- Make the toolbar buttons small in the Files tab

I'm using 0.3.0 full-time now and it is serving me well.  There are
still missing features that haven't been ported over from 0.2.x, and
there are certainly still bugs.  Get your feature requests and bug
reports registered here:

  http://www.d-rats.com/trac