[drats_users] Ratflector?

Dave Cooley
Wed Apr 8 14:10:35 PDT 2009

Nate
You can set up your own "Ratflector" using the repeater proxy and connect
whatever you want to it. RF, other internet clients, or even other proxies.
I have my own set up for allowing other internet Drats users to send me
stuff while mobile.

Dan has an RF server set up just not running right now. I think he will fire
it up if some people want to use it for RF and internet..

73
Dave Cooley
N2LZ
www.tampadstar.com

-----Original Message-----
From: drats_users-bounces at lists.danplanet.com
[mailto:drats_users-bounces at lists.danplanet.com] On Behalf Of Nate Duehr
Sent: Wednesday, April 08, 2009 4:56 PM
To: 'Discussion of D-RATS'
Subject: Re: [drats_users] Ratflector?

Oops, I just read this...

"Can I link my local RF frequency or repeater to it?
Please don't. We want to keep the ratflector clean and free of any of the
issues that RF brings to the table. Doing so means that the ratflector will
be fast and reliable for those wishing to do testing and training on it."

Does anyone else think it might be good to have a Ratflector that DOES allow
RF linking into it?

That (to me) seems to be the "really cool feature" that could have a lot of
nifty things done with it... (especially as it relates to position reporting
and mapping...?).  But perhaps I'm missing why it's detrimental...

Nate WY0X