[drats_users] D-RATS 0.2.6

John McLendon
Tue Sep 30 20:43:30 PDT 2008

Dan,

I've had USB to Serial Adapter problem's form the out set with this Vista machine.  It's a nice computer and a recent upgrade for me.  Capable of easily running my DV Dongle but the USB Adapter's have been a problem.  The one I was using today with D-RATS is from Radio Shack and until now hasn't given me any trouble.  I switch to a Prolific which I've had for a year or so and D-RATS is running fine now.  However, I should mention that the Radio Shack Adapter is now running my R.F. APRS station and at the moment seems to be working to.  This report may not be a big help to anyone having problems but just remember that even though you may think your USB Adapter is working properly, check it anyway.  73

John