[drats_users] D-RATS 0.2.6

Dan Smith
Tue Sep 30 19:50:12 PDT 2008

> I'm having a problem with D-RATS.  When I send text there's a lot more
> being sent than what I've typed into the send box.  For
> example:22:38:47: CQCQCQ:
> [=@=@=>7=@!~~~~~~~!~~~~~~~[EOB]=@=@$AB8JL~~~CQCQCQ~~Testing the echo
> module..... 123 456[EOB].  Here I typed (Testing the echo module.....
> 123 456.  Could someone give me an idea what I'm doing wrong.

You're not doing anything wrong.  D-RATS packetizes its chat traffic,
which involves putting all of that other stuff around the text you
actually send.  If you're testing into the echo module, my guess would
be that your radio isn't quite unkeying quick enough and you're missing
the beginning of the transmission coming back to you.  This causes
D-RATS to consider it garbage and will pass it through to the screen
with a yellow background if you have raw text passthru enabled.