[drats_users] Asus Eeee PC dRats install

Dan Smith
Mon Sep 29 13:04:17 PDT 2008

> Ok....here's what happened. I got the file modified and the updated
> apps. list. I then tried to load the packages. I managed to load:
>
> Python-serial
> python-ibxm2
> python-libxslt1
> python-gtk2

Awesome!

> I then tried to run d-rats, and the result is shown in the attached file.

Ah, this one is actually a bug in the Linux packaging.  Try this beta
version where it has been fixed:

   http://d-rats.danplanet.com/download/beta/d-rats-0.2.7b2.tar.gz

You'll have to move it into the internal storage again and all of that,
but I'd bet that you're in the home stretch.  Also, note that if you're
using a USB-to-serial adapter (I'm sure you must be) your serial port
name will be one of the /dev/ttyUSBX devices listed in the drop-down in
the main settings.

Would you mind updating the install page wiki with these instructions
for an EeePC?  If not, I'll go back through this thread and try to
harvest out all of the things we had to do.